Where to Find Cute and Affordable Maternity Clothes
Here are the best places to shop for your temporary wardrobe if you don’t want to spend much money on maternity clothes.
I recently did a reader poll and learned that Target is the # 1 pick for maternity clothes! It’s definitely a convenient place to shop since you’re probably there on a weekly basis anyway but there are other reasons as well.
There is also a great tank top you can get at Target for under $10! You won’t find it in the maternity section, though – read more about that over here.
Downside: Sometimes the selection in stores is very small.
Thred Up (Free $10 Credit!)
A really fun option for finding budget maternity clothes is Thred Up. They sell what they call “like-new” clothing items that have been hand selected and certified for quality. You’ll find lots of great brands in their maternity section including many mentioned in this post as well as A Pea in the Pod and Michael Stars.
Get your free $10 credit here.
Zulily has a maternity and baby page with lots of deals that changes almost daily. It’s fun to see what they are offering since they often feature brands you won’t find at Target or Motherhood.
If you make a purchase on Friday, all future orders placed until Sunday night will get free shipping!
- Head to the clearance rack first to find the best deals
- If there isn’t a sale going on, WAIT a couple of days.
Old Navy is another favorite for low-cost maternity clothes. Sometimes the in-store section is small but shopping online can give you a huge selection to choose from.
- Wait until you can get at least 30% off your purchase
Gap maternity clothes are more expensive than the ones at Old Navy but often the quality is better so it depends on what you prefer.
My favorite maternity jeans are from the Gap but I did wait for a really good price.
PinkBlush Maternity has some wild prints that aren’t always my personal style but they do have some good deals. I’ve seen flash sales with items for $15, 30% off sitewide, and free shipping with no minimum.
Keep an eye on Zulily as I see them featured every few months over there.
I have quite a few maternity items from H&M and the quality is surprisingly great. The last time I checked, I was surprised that their prices seemed higher but they often have sales like 20% off $75 and even up to 40% off.
They also email printable coupons every once in awhile. This is a great choice for the trendy mom-to-be!
If you have a Kohl’s nearby, it is definitely worth a trip. Kohl’s Maternity has a nice affordable selection and they always have coupons!
I have never purchased clothing on eBay but my cousin has scored some amazing deals! I was very impressed when she showed me a picture of this gorgeous maternity dress that she was going to wear to a formal wedding. Price? Under $10! I couldn’t believe it.
You might want to sell your own maternity clothes when you’re done having babies! Extra cash never hurts.
I’m a big fan of the Loft and although I have nothing from their maternity line I am sure everything is really nice. They’re a great choice especially if you need some dressier items for work. Just make sure and wait for 40%-50% off because they’re pricey otherwise.
Downside: Their maternity line is only available online and the free shipping minimum is usually $125.
Here are some additional tips that will help you cut the costs of dressing that adorable bump.
- Keep in mind that you don’t usually need maternity clothes during the first trimester so wait as long as you can.
- Be careful about buying sizes that fit just right or you’ll end up having to buy the next size up during the third trimester. (You might have to anyway) I was so annoyed with myself for buying size small tops when I was pregnant with my first because I couldn’t fit into them with my second! Give yourself a little breathing room for the future.
- Look through your regular wardrobe and pull out things that can accommodate a growing belly. You might be surprised how many items you can wear until you really pop.
- Invest in quality maternity items and get a good portion of your money back by selling them later on.
Here are links that you might find helpful!
Do you have any tips for saving money on maternity clothes?
The post Where to Find Cute and Affordable Maternity Clothes appeared first on The Savvy Bump.
This content was originally published here.