Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘urged to slow down by palace aides after spurning maternity leave and summer break’
PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle were urged to slow down by palace aides after not taking a full maternity leave and summer break, an insider claims.
The pair have had a busy year with various engagements, the birth of baby Archie and a tour of southern Africa – sparking worry for those close to them.
Harry and Meghan at a Remembrance service earlier this month – before taking a break[/caption]
An insider told the Sunday Telegraph they have been implored to “slow down” for months as “there was no maternity leave, there was no summer break”.
This revelation comes as the Duke of Sussex is due to make the pair’s last public appearance for a few weeks.
He, and possibly his wife, will be attending the OnSide Awards at Royal Albert Hall this evening.
Harry, 35, will be at a reception with young people who have been going to the charity’s Youth Zones, before giving a speech and presenting an award.
Earlier this year he and Meghan, 38, visited the Birkenhead branch – which offers young people in disadvantaged areas the chance to take on an activity session every day of the week.
After this evening the couple won’t be seen in public for a while – following the news they would be taking a break.
An insider told the Sunday Times: “The Duke and Duchess have a full schedule of engagements and commitments until mid-November, after which they will be taking some much-needed family time.”
The family are expected to fly to the States where they are thought to be spending Thanksgiving as part of their six-week break.
TAKING A BREAK
Meghan, who was born in Los Angeles, will reportedly spend the November 28 holiday with Harry, Archie, and her mother, Doria Ragland, and wants her six-month-old son to grow up aware of his American heritage.
It was thought they would return to the UK and spend Christmas with the rest of the royals at Sandringham, but the Sun reported last week they are going to stay away.
The Sussexes could stay at home in Windsor or travel abroad again to be with Meghan’s mum.
MOST READ IN NEWS
Parents defend sending kids to school with cold McDonald’s Happy Meals for lunch
Woman demands compensation after Greggs worker ‘joked about her visiting daily’
Andrew ‘was at Pizza Express in Woking on night he’s accused of sex with teen’
Piers Morgan slams Andrew’s ‘bulls***’ in car crash Epstein chat as backlash grows
UP, UP & WAHAY
Porn stars spark outrage by filming raunchy sex flick inside museum’s plane
Lotto lout Michael Carroll is a skint but ‘happy’ coalman working 7 days a week
They informed Her Majesty, 93, they will not be joining her and Prince Philip, 98.
A royal source said: “They need some time away to recharge and decide their plans for next year.”
Harry has always spent Christmas at the Queen’s Norfolk home, except for 2012 when he was in Afghanistan — and for the past two years he has been joined by Meghan.
The pair have made their final public appearances for a few weeks as they take a break[/caption]
Meghan standing to watch the Remembrance parade last Sunday[/caption]
The couple will be taking a break with their young son Archie[/caption]
This content was originally published here.